Thursday, July 5, 2018

One of our Week 2 tools is Snapchat. It is my first time to know about it. I downloaded it and began to explore it. It is an exciting multimedia tool. One of the principal concepts of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are only available for a short time. Snaps can consist of a photo or a short video, and can be edited to include filters and effects, text captions, and drawings.
In China, another tool, titled “Faceu”, is very similar to Snapchat. Faceu (Chinese: 激萌) is a heat beauty selfie camera APP for a smartphone. This APP allows users to choose their favorite stickers or add interesting and exaggerated effects in real-time when taking selfies and videos or add them on photos in user cell phone. 


Want to give it a try? Please download it with your smartphone and access it. Choose what thing do you want to create? Photo? Short Video? Or GIF? Take a picture with your favorite stickers and filters. Download it or share it on Wechat, Instagram, Facebook, or other social media tools. 





2 comments:

  1. Okay, so this is absolutely adorable. I always wonder how some apps become highly popularized in some countries versus others. For example, why was it Snapchat and not Faceu that was popular here in America? I am a big fan of apps such as these. It also concerns me because there is a lot of talk lately about facial recognition and story our pictures from these apps. I don't see this affecting my usage, but it is a thought to keep in mind I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I am the target demographic (females from 15 to 35 years old), but I did see how popular this was when I was in China last.


    It will be interesting to see long term how it holds up if Wechat introduces similar features.

    ReplyDelete