Monday, July 30, 2018

How to use Web 2.0 to learn a new concept, such as Padlet?


Before: 
  • Googled “Padlet” and sought the answer on the static website like Wikipedia.
  • Searched “Padlet” on YouTube and watched the related video to learn.
  • Consulted with my classmates or instructors. 

Today:
  • The above approaches are still accessible to me.
  • Search “Padlet” on Pinterest, seek the answer pins and put them on a board, name the board “Padlet” and regard it as a database to use for learning in the further
  • Apply “Diigo” to read articles about “Padlet”. Highlight and annotate the important content. When I read the article, create the summary on “Diigo”. The outline is useful for recalling and reviewing this concept in the further.
  • Utilize my PLN to gain more learning materials and get more opportunities to interact with my classmates or people who are beyond the real life. First, on discussion board, study my classmate Fang’s assignment –knowledge sharing/tracking, which thoroughly introduced the concept “Padlet”; Second, study Vaibhav’s assignment on VoiceThread and appreciate his Padlet’s space. During the learning, if there are any questions, I could comment with my classmates for the answers. Third, follow the Pinterest board or individual, such as “Padlet in the classroom” board to interact with more experts who help me outreach my existing skills and knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment